Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Prime Graphing Calculator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Attached is a photo of me trying to launch HP connectivity kit.

How to make the program stop crashing after every button click or even mouse over?

It doesn't do this on my other PC (laptop), where the software launches normally (although with minor hiccups sometime) but works, but on my main rig it's not usable.

PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 BLACK GAMING
MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI
Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe SSD 1 TB
Seagate ST2000DM008 Barracuda 2TB (2018)

Snímka obrazovky 2022-04-03 164810.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Jozefvv,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Prime Graphing Calculator cannot use HP Connectivity Kit.  

I have a few recommendations 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello Dilip_18 I appreciate your input on the matter, but I don't have an issue with the actual connection of the calculator, as I've mentioned it works fine on my other computer. Here's a photo of my calculator's 'info' screen.

Latest software as of april 2022 (2.1.14603 2021 12 02)Latest software as of april 2022 (2.1.14603 2021 12 02)

As you can see, I have the latest firmware installed, and judging by how the connectivity kit works on my other computer it should work way better.

That being said, the program is "usable" after deleting registry entries, making it freeze only for about 10 seconds before being able to click on a menu.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HP

Warning! Deleting registry entries can DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER! Do not delete them if you don't know what you're doing!

I will continue to use my other computer, even if it's a hassle moving programs from my desktop to my laptop (not mentioning having to charge and find a wall outlet but oh well).

I wish you could help more and I do value your support. I wish you a nice friday & weekend.

HP Recommended

Hi@Jozefvv,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

As you don't have an issue with the actual connection of the calculator as it works fine on other computer. So it is not an issue with the HP Prime Graphing Calculator.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks, where should I post/ask then?

HP Recommended

Hi@Jozefvv,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

You can check with the laptop manufacturer's for further help.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.