Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ALL IN ONE PC24- G249C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

when tun on the Desktop screen comes in abt 10 -15 secs and after logging in the windows it just disappers and screen doesnt show up for almost 3 mins. whats happening?this is the brand new all in one i bought.

any thing to fix or just return?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @YogiBansal

EDIT: To clarify, had the new computer been working for several days until a Windows update occured, thus this issue occured?

Or did this happen right out of the box?

If its happening right out of the box, continue below...

Edit: 2

Seems someone found the culprit. Windows update causing black screen issues after log in.

Take a look at this post and try the solution...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/SOLVED-For-everyone-who-is-having-black-screen...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @YogiBansal

EDIT: To clarify, had the new computer been working for several days until a Windows update occured, thus this issue occured?

Or did this happen right out of the box?

If its happening right out of the box, continue below...

Edit: 2

Seems someone found the culprit. Windows update causing black screen issues after log in.

Take a look at this post and try the solution...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/SOLVED-For-everyone-who-is-having-black-screen...

HP Recommended

If this happend after Windows updated, look at the link in the post above.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thx for ur solution. as i bought this computer from costco i called there tech support. they said almost all HP computers have same problem and they are also working on it. atleast he gave me the solution right away for windows 10

Just go to

settings-update-recovery-reset-keepmyfiles-click yes to whatever downloads it says will be removed.

it will take abt 20 mins and once its reset just download all softwaresagain which was removed. mine works perfect after that. also in HP assist download all the updates.

hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Costco technicians(?) or the floor sales person? What they had you do basically was reinstall Windows but keep your files. Once it updates again, the issue can come back.

If it happens again, look at the solution I pointed to. The issue is caused by a very recent Windows update.

There is a Service called AppReadiness that you would simply disable. It will be much easier than having to recover the OS and download everything all over again.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.