Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPE 450t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, weird problem this week, and hoping it isn't the pc.  

Have been using Google Chrome for years.  All of a sudden when downloading a file (any type from small picture to .exe or package) it shows that it is downloading and never stops, the little blue device just keeps going and going.  Other downloads are held up waiting for this one to finish, trying to get off the web, get a pop up stateing that I have a download in progress and leaving will cancel it!

Okay, figured it was Chrome, have Ie loaded and switched to it...same problem, tried my old Firefox, no problem, but I don't like FF so in searching on the Chrome help forums found others had the same problem off and on going several years back, but no known solutions that I could find.  Downloaed the newest version of Opera today, same problem.

I un-installed Chrome, downloaded newest, installed no change, took out the extensions one by one..no difference, and now when trying to add the extensions back on....just get the "checking" compatablity sign forever.

Can't figure out what the heck is going on.  

Does anyone have something I can try?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @EddieValient,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having trouble with downloads when using Google Chrome.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

You could try temporarily disabling any firewall software you have to see if that is the culprit. If it is the cause enable it once more and then you will need to look through its settings or contact the software manufacturer for some guidance on how to remove the specific software block.

If you haven't already, which is probably unlikely, you can always try the Chrome Help Center - support.google.com.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there @EddieValient,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having trouble with downloads when using Google Chrome.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

You could try temporarily disabling any firewall software you have to see if that is the culprit. If it is the cause enable it once more and then you will need to look through its settings or contact the software manufacturer for some guidance on how to remove the specific software block.

If you haven't already, which is probably unlikely, you can always try the Chrome Help Center - support.google.com.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.