Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy TEO1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this  Envy computer around November 30, 2020.  I installed my files and software , including Quicken and Photoshop Elements 7. Four months later I when I turned on the computer, there was the blue screen and a notice that it was unable to auto-repair.

Long, long story short, I had to reinstall Windows 10.  It starts slower, freezes up sometimes but the worst was when I tried to install Quicken and Photoshop Elements .  Quicken was an old version so I purchased a new one which did install.  Elements gets to the end of the installation process and then I get a notice that an Error 1935  occurred during installation.

Everything that I can find about fixing this is way above what I can do. Does anyone know of a less complicated way to get Elements to install?

I have a wireless network.
Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If this is accurate "Photoshop Elements 7" is being installed, then it might need some tweaking to get it to finish.  That is an old version of Elements.  Try what they mention in this post, run it in compatibility mode.  See last post on that thread.

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/50345-photoshop-elements-9-not-compatible-windows-10-a.htm...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If this is accurate "Photoshop Elements 7" is being installed, then it might need some tweaking to get it to finish.  That is an old version of Elements.  Try what they mention in this post, run it in compatibility mode.  See last post on that thread.

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/50345-photoshop-elements-9-not-compatible-windows-10-a.htm...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I will try that.

HP Recommended

I tried the Compatibility Mode install and installing as Administrator but neither method worked.  When I ran the Compatibility Troubleshooter it said that the program was incompatible. 

It installed on the Windows 10 that came with the computer(which Chat said was probably incorrectly installed or defective)  but not after I had to install whatever Windows 7 version is there now.  I have had nothing but trouble with this HP Envy !!  I have had it about 6 1/2 months--that's all.

Thank you for helping.  I do appreciate it.

HP Recommended

I meant Windows 10, NOT Windows 7!!

HP Recommended

If the Photoshop Elements is version 7, then it would be a good idea to get a newer version.  Current Photoshop Elements is 2021.  Many improvements over version 7.

Now another bit confusion - just what Windows is installed -Windows 7 or Windows 10?

For a PC that is only 6 months old, I would question why Windows 7 is even considered????

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have Windows 10 installed-7 was a typo.  So I was trying to reinstall Elements 7 on Windows 10.  The post linked to the answer to my question suggested installing Elements in Win 7 Compatibility  Mode, which I tried.  Compatibly Troubleshooter said the program was incompatible.

( https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/50345-photoshop-elements-9-not-compatible-windows-10-a.h...

Ii did install Elements 2021 tonight (took a little over an hour to install!). I do really like Elements 7--just more used to it I guess. I'll have to learn to like Elements 2021.

I just could not understand why I could install Elements 7 when I first purchased the computer with Windows 10 but after it crashed and Windows 10 had to be downloaded and reinstalled, I could no longer install  either Quicken or Elements 7.  Both operating systems -the original and the new install after the crash- were Windows 10.

But thanks for your comments. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.