Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 590-p1050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error message "Application enabling services currently unavailable" upon launch of HPSA. Instructions say to remove HPSA and reinstall, but HPSA is not listed in "Programs and Features"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience. Those of you whose HPSA is working normally, please Do NOT take any further action as you are updated from store directly with v9.6.839.0.

Those of you who are still struggling with this issue:

1. Right-Click on your Windows Stat Menu and click Apps & Features

2. Scroll down until you find HP Support Assistant

3. Click on Uninstall 

4. A dialog will appear for "Keep Preferences", Click No

5. Close any browser window that may open up.

Note: If you don’t currently have HPSA installed and are seeing that message "A newer version of HPSA is installed" Please proceed with Step #6 below:

6. Go to our HPSA page: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

7. Before you click on download HPSA button, press Ctrl+R button on your keyboard to clear any browser cache. Then click on the download button

8. Once downloaded, open the file and continue clicking Next button and let the installation finish. Once installed successfully, you should see a prompt "HP Support Assistant has been installed successfully"

9. Click on your start menu and type: HP Support Assistant or HPSA icon on Desktop and open the app and it should open normally as before.

If any of you see an issue with installation or following the steps above, please let me know here as I will be watching this thread everyday for a while until I feel confident that everyone is now back to normal.

Thank you for the patience as we worked through this issue and sincerely apologize to everyone's inconvenience.

-HPSA PM 

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136
HP Recommended

Hello my name is Don and I am seeing the same thing that you are and in fact I started a thread as well about this subject so you are not alone in this. I have reinstalled HPSA on my Omen desktop and my wife's Envy numerous times already and I am getting sick of uninstalling and reinstalling it. I uninstall ours using the Apps in Win 10 Settings or use the App in Start. Please let me know if you find a solution as to what is going on and I will do the same with you.

Regards,

Don

Don
HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue!!!

HP needs to resolve this issue ASAP. I am not receiving updates for my laptop.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on my hp envy I just saw it today . HP please solve it

HP Recommended

I was finally able to remove HPSA and re-install it, but I have noticed a disconcerting pattern with HPSA. This has happened now three times on two different computers. HPSA tells me that there is a new version of the drivers for my MFP (m1536dnf). When I say, okay, load 'em, HPSA says I need to let it uninstall the current drivers first. Okay, I let it do that, but when I restart, the installation never starts. So I have a MFP with no drivers. I have to go find drivers (which used to be a lot easier before Microsoft "fixed" it in Windows 10), and load them. Finally, I have my printer back. But are the drivers really new? Or did I just waste two hours and end up with the same drivers I had before? Why is this so difficult now?

Sorry for the rant.

HP Recommended

I believe they are the same drivers. When I reinstall my HPSA the MS Store downloads an update for it and each time it is the same update so that must be the drivers. The HPSA works until I restart my computer then it gets bricked again. I wish HP would do something as I am about to uninstall this for good.

Don
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, it was fine few hours ago, then i noticed my battery was draining higher than usual so i opened the assistant and used the diagnostic feature for the 1st time ever, i ran every test in there, and now it stopped working.  

HP Recommended

I truly don't believe uninstall/install will resolve this issue. I personally would not uninstall/reinstall HPSA until we have clear direction/information from HP. You may create other issue by doing so. HP had uninstalled HPSA from my laptop and messed up so badly that my laptop had to be reset to factory settings. As a result, I lost critical documents/information that cannot be replaced. There is an issue that HP needs to resolve.  However, working with HP for over 11 months now with multiple issues and being bounced around and taken in circles, I doubt to get any assistance from HP. It is a nightmare to get any assistance.

HP there is an issue with HPSA!! There are multiple users experiencing this issue. This is CRITICAL issue as it prevents laptops from receiving CRITICAL updates. Can someone look into this issue and resolve? Can someone be kind enough to let us know what the issue is and what is being done to resolve this issue?

HP Recommended

Same problem here too. Seems to have started beginning november.

HP Recommended

I thought i'd let you guys know that the problem is with the latest update the assistant received, i found out when i uninstalled it but then couldn't install it again, MS store shows no result for such app and downloading from the official hp site will download and install it but you won't find the app anywhere, so i did a system restore to a point created 2 days ago( before the latest assistant update) and it worked but everything else got broken, now i'll do a factory reset for the 4th time since i got this laptop, which was 4 months ago, so yes 1 factory reset per month, i'm loving it :')

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.