Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
850-065se
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please fix your HP support website so I can download the Windows 7 (and Windows 10) drivers for my new HP 850-065se desktop computer which is still covered under a HP warranty!!! The HP support website incorrectly provides only Windows 8.1 drivers for my new HP computer. I purchased my new HP computer from HP with Windows 7 installed by HP. Please fix your HP support website soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you HP for updating your support website to include the Windows 7 software & drivers specific to HP 850-065se Desktop Computers.

The updated HP support website is:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-phoenix-850-000-desktop-pc-series/7779683/m...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Donald10,

HP 850-065se was production circa July 2015. Standard warranty is 1 year.  It's now May 2017.

What puzzled me was that it's production model had WIN 7.  The website clearly states only WIN 8.1 driver support, so you do have an issue, as it should have WIN 7 drivers in the listing.  

I'll pass this along to the moderator.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Donald10 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

HP Inc. AMS TCO Escalations Team (Case Manager Makayla) worked on a case number to fix the HP support website so Windows 7 (and Windows 10) drivers can be downloaded for HP 850-065se computers.

I don't understand why its taken HP so long to fix the HP support website. Unfortunately, today, I checked again and HP's support website still incorrectly lists only the Windows 8.1 drivers for HP 850-065se computers. Other HP customers have previously complained about this very same problem, too; with no timely fix from HP, yet... HP 850-065se are new computers (mine is newer than 1 year and 10 months old, and came with Windows 7 Professional installed by HP). Microsoft currently supports Windows 7, and will continue to do so for many years from now. Please fix soon! - Thank you.

The specific HP Support web address is:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-phoenix-850-000-desktop-pc-series/7779683/m...

HP Recommended

? What is HP's status of fixing HP's support website?

I checked again today, and the HP support website is still missing Windows 7 (and Windows 10) drivers for HP 850-065se desktop computers!!!

These are new HP computers!!! (HP first started selling model HP 850-065se only 1 year and 10 months ago).

My HP 850-065se computer (with Windows 7 Professional installed by HP) is still covered under a HP warranty, too!!!

HP Recommended

@wb2001 wrote:

@Donald10,

HP 850-065se was production circa July 2015. Standard warranty is 1 year.  It's now May 2017.

What puzzled me was that it's production model had WIN 7.  The website clearly states only WIN 8.1 driver support, so you do have an issue, as it should have WIN 7 drivers in the listing.  

I'll pass this along to the moderator.

Please e-mail me all of the CURRENT Windows 7 (and Windows 10) driver FILES for my HP 850-065se computer because months have now passed since my original request, and HP still has not fixed the HP support website (HP support website still incorrectly only provides Windows 8.1 drivers for HP 850-065se computers).  And Yes, my HP 850-065se computer is still covered under a HP warranty, too.  My new HP 850-065se computer is only 1 year and 9 months old; it came with Windows 7 Professional installed by HP.

HP Recommended

You can probably shout until you're blue in the face - and nobody @ HP will do anything about it. Some teams must have been made redundant in the recent years and nobody cares about the content on support web sites anymore (it does look like a mezzanine junk collection in places, with expired links and obsolete documents etc. - especially for the newer models).

I will be in similar boat next year, once my warranty expires. Until then I am entitled to make all sort of funny noises about it, although I don't have to at the moment...

HP Recommended

@Omar-E wrote:

@Donald10 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

Could you either:

(1)  Please fix your HP support website so I can download and directly save (not necessarily immediately install) the Windows 7 (and Windows 10) driver FILES for my new (one year and ten month old) HP 850-065se desktop computer.

-or-

(2)  Please e-mail me all of the CURRENT Windows 7 (and Windows 10) driver FILES for my HP 850-065se computer. (You have my e-mail address from previous private message(s).)

HP Inc. AMS TCO Escalations Team (Case Manager Makayla) worked on a case number to fix the HP support website so Windows 7 (and Windows 10) drivers can be downloaded for HP 850-065se computers.  But, months have now passed since HP began work on fixing the HP support website, and HP still has not corrected the problem (HP support website still incorrectly only provides Windows 8.1 drivers for HP 850-065se computers).  And Yes, my HP 850-065se computer is still covered under a HP warranty, too.  My new HP 850-065se computer is only one year and ten months old; it came with Windows 7 Professional installed by HP.

HP Recommended

@Donald10,

Donald, why did you not make the Recovery DVD set for WIN 7

I really am saddened that your issue has not been rectified.  I did find a solution. $27.00

http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-28952-windows-7-professional-edition-recovery-kit-m2h64av-for-hp-e...

If they can furnish a complete recovery, use it to re-install a fresh WIN 7.

Although I sent another PM into the moderator, I am bothered by the 2 month lag.

Surely this could have been handled better, if in fact, you have a 2 year warranty. 

How to check or verify your warranty status.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Donald10

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.