Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My laptop recently won't click when I tap on the touchpad. I believe it's because it's disabled but I can't figure out how to enable it, or what is wrong with it. Can someone please help me? I use this laptop for my school work and I really need it fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hi,

A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hey this really helped, thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

i have an hp envy touchsmrt computer and i cant find out how to enable my touchpad, i have looked at the top corner of my touchpad but there is no button that will turn it on... any suggestions?

@Aly623 wrote:

My laptop recently won't click when I tap on the touchpad. I believe it's because it's disabled but I can't figure out how to enable it, or what is wrong with it. Can someone please help me? I use this laptop for my school work and I really need it fixed.

@Aly623 wrote:

HP Recommended

Hi Burntoast98, Davidpk wrote "A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off."

No button is actually on the top left corner. You simply need to tap the top left corner as Davidpk specified. Hope this clears up the confusion for you.

Thanks

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
please i am having problem with my hp sound how can i fix it
HP Recommended

Yes, my touchpad stopped working after a visit from the grandaughter (she loves keyboards). My touch pad had a tiny light up in the upper left hand corner that shined white while it was not working. When I tapped the upper left, that wasn"t enough. When I got a little more robust and thunked it a couple of times, the light turned of and the touchpad works again.

HP Recommended

My daughter uses my HP laptop more than I do now.  The touchpad somehow is disabled and I can't figure out how to enable it. There is a round depression in the upper left corner of the touchpad.  I've clicked it, double-clicked it, thumped it, but to no avail.  My USB mouse works. I'm running Windows 8. I've also looked in the Device Manager and can't find the touchpad device anywhere. Then I rebooted to look at the BIOS settings. Nothing there related to the touchpad.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Revolve 810 G2, I have an orange light on my touch pad.  I have double clicked and it stays orange.  Any other fixes?

HP Recommended

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your post!!  I inadvertently disabled my touchpad, then enabled it.  A couple minutes later, it disabled again.  I had no idea what I did, so I had no idea how to 'fix' it. I checked the help on the laptop, which was no help. I went to the HP website and did a search for 'touchpad enable'. It had instructions, but one of the steps was 'enable swipes' under settings, and I don't have that option. So the instructions didn't work.  Then I went to ask.com and found your post!    

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.