Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 23-q030na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC has a 'Local Drive (E:)' which is a partition. It is called Local Drive (not HP Tools or anything else). It shows 35.3MB free of 449MB. If selected there is nothing in it. Hidden Folders are set to be visible. In System Protection this drive is not listed, only C: and 😧

After a recent Windows Update I now get a warning message repeatedly about Low Disk Space on Drive E: This warning window with its accompanying 'ping' is becoming very annoying. Can I just delete this partition (assuming that is possible)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is a thread about the same topic.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Low-Disk-Space-Disk-E/td-p/66886...

towards the bottom is the solution

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Astrograph,

Welcome to the forum!

Do not delete the partition. It is part of the OEM GPT volume setup that your operating system uses. If you delete it, your PC may not boot into Windows.

Click on Windows file explorer and then the View tab. 

In the Advanced settings ensure there is a not a check mark in the box next to Hide empty drives and in Hide protected operating system files.

Once you have done that, go back and take a look at system protection to see if the drive is shown. If it is shown, ensure that its system protection feature is not set and that all restore points for that partition are deleted.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Here is a thread about the same topic.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Low-Disk-Space-Disk-E/td-p/66886...

towards the bottom is the solution

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Sorry, but there are no advanced options under the view tab

HP Recommended

That link appears to offer a solution but the method is not clear to me. Getting to List Volume shows the various volumes but how one is selected I have no idea. Typing Volume 3 just brings up the HELP.

HP Recommended

Since my computers do not have this problem, the solution does not work as it should for me, either.  I am only going on the others comments.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@Astrograph

Sorry, I should have stated Options, not Advanced Options. in my previous post

FileEx1.png

FileEx2.png

The DiskPart utility has its own set of commands.

After typing List Volume you will have to type Select Volume x, where x is the volume you want to make changes to.

The microsoft community thread showed the list of commands that you need to use after invoking Diskpart. I guess you missed it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Explorer on my PC just has a simple 'view hidden folders' check box. No need to use any advanced menu.

I looked again at Diskpart and had misread the instructions. All seems to be fixed now. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.