cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbellantone1966
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Unable to find C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\HPFS.exe

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to launch HP Support Assistant this error is showed: "Unable to find C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\HPFS.exe.". Even if I go to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework" and I double click on the HPSF.exe file, error is showed and Support Assistant don't run

11 REPLIES 11
Fanordi
Level 12
996 991 108 193
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I recommend to you reinstall the last version of HP Support Assistant. You can download it here: 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

0 Kudos
mbellantone1966
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You for your response but I reinstalled HP Support Assistant but problem remain

0 Kudos
Fanordi
Level 12
996 991 108 193
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you make a right clic on your start button, and go to "apps and features", do you have "HP Support Framework" installed?? 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

0 Kudos
mbellantone1966
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstall both HP Support Assistant and HP Support  Framework and after restart I reinstalled HP Support Assistant.

Problem remain.

0 Kudos
Fanordi
Level 12
996 991 108 193
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please right clic on your start button to open Windows Powershell (admin), and paste here this command for uninstall HP Support Assistant: 

Get-AppxPackage *HPSupport* -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage

After reboot your PC and check if HP Support Framework appears always installed. 

0 Kudos
mbellantone1966
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not resolved 😭

0 Kudos
Fanordi
Level 12
996 991 108 193
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Fanordi wrote:

After reboot your PC and check if HP Support Framework appears always installed. 

You don't have answer to this question... 

0 Kudos
mbellantone1966
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Excuse me. After reboot  HP Support Framework there isn't. 

0 Kudos
Fanordi
Level 12
996 991 108 193
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and if you reinstall HP Support Assistant you have the same problem?? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation