Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to launch HP Support Assistant this error is showed: "Unable to find C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\HPFS.exe.". Even if I go to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework" and I double click on the HPSF.exe file, error is showed and Support Assistant don't run

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, I recommend to you reinstall the last version of HP Support Assistant. You can download it here: 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thank You for your response but I reinstalled HP Support Assistant but problem remain

HP Recommended

When you make a right clic on your start button, and go to "apps and features", do you have "HP Support Framework" installed?? 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

I uninstall both HP Support Assistant and HP Support  Framework and after restart I reinstalled HP Support Assistant.

Problem remain.

HP Recommended

Please right clic on your start button to open Windows Powershell (admin), and paste here this command for uninstall HP Support Assistant: 

Get-AppxPackage *HPSupport* -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage

After reboot your PC and check if HP Support Framework appears always installed. 

HP Recommended

Not resolved 😭

HP Recommended

@Fanordi wrote:

After reboot your PC and check if HP Support Framework appears always installed. 

You don't have answer to this question... 

HP Recommended

Excuse me. After reboot  HP Support Framework there isn't. 

HP Recommended

Hello, and if you reinstall HP Support Assistant you have the same problem?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.