Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After restarting my computer, my HP 27er no longer seems to recognize the full resolution via HDMI.  It was working fine... and decided to change its mind.

All of the drivers are up to date and everything seems to be where it should be - - but, (as you'll see below) I cannot get full resolution.

Ideas?

display.jpg

Adapter:  Microsoft Basic Display Driver

Adapter.jpg

Graphics card:  ATI Radeon HD 4200 

graphics.jpg

Monitor HP27E Display

monitor.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you.  Gave that a shot yesterday with no change.

After some extra digging, it appears that may graphics card is no loger supported by Windows... so, I think it has just given up on me.

Much appreciated!  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Enter the display's on-screen menu and reset the device.

That may jog the Windows 10 OS into installing a better driver. 

If this just happened within the last few days, it may be the result of recent Windows 10 updates.

There is also a driver provided by HP available for the display at the following link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-value-27-inch-displays/3989902/model/1...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Gave that a shot yesterday with no change.

After some extra digging, it appears that may graphics card is no loger supported by Windows... so, I think it has just given up on me.

Much appreciated!  

HP Recommended

On December 18, 2017, Microsoft released an update for the problem with AMD Radeon graphic adapters, for both Windows 10 '1703' and '1709' versions.

See: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-problems-on-some-amd-r...?

for details.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.