Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am using the HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-137c computer and would like to connect a second monitor to it. I noticed that there was only one working HDMI port on the back of the computer and I was thinking I might need to buy an adaptor or HDMI splitter, but I was unsure if this would work. Could someone please help me solve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PlasmaCS -- is this your computer: HP Pavilion Power 580-137c Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

That page states that you have an "add-in" graphics adapter card:

AMD Radeon RX 550

Form Factor: Full-height
Dimensions: 4.4 in x 6.4 in
Rear I/O connectors: DL-DVI + HDMI + DisplayPort
Maximum resolution:
DisplayPort resolution: 5120 x 2880 @ 60Hz
HDMI resolution: 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz

So, you could connect:

* a 1-to-2 DVI dual-link adapter, and connect 2 DVI cables to the adapter

* 1 HDMI cable

* 1 DisplayPort cable

I do not know if the RADEON allows _simultaneous_ usage of the 3 connectors.

Note that there do exist video cables that have a DisplayPort connector at one end and an HDMI connector at the other end.

HP Recommended

hi

check this

Connect two HDMI monitors, with a graphics card 1 hdmi 1 displayport

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.