Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 405 G4 - 6VC52UT#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know if the HP ProDesk 405 G4 - mini desktop - Ryzen 5 Pro 2400GE - 6VC52UT#ABA utilizing the HP HDMI Port Flex IO (405/705) 3TK75AA will support 4K @ 60HZ w/HDR.  High Dynamic Range is important to me, so it it the most important part of this question.

I'm finding some conflicting information in the HP documentation as I will outline below.

Any information you can provide will be very helpful.

The HP HP ProDesk 405 G4 Desktop Mini Business PC QuickSpec Guide says on page 14:

HDMI (Optional) - AMD Athlon™ PRO APUs support HDMI 2.0 features AMD Ryzen™ PRO APUs support HDMI 2.0a features. All support audio over HDMI and HDCP1.4.

(NOTE: HDR was introduced in HDMI 2.0a.  Also, the quick spec guide says HDR later on page 14.)

The part # to order for the HDMI port as documented on Page 34 is HP HDMI Port Flex IO (405/705) 3TK75AA.

All fine and dandy, now this is where I get confused:

The HP FLEX IO Option Cards QuickSpec sheet on page 5 for the 3TK75AA says:

Supports HDMI 1.4 + HDCP 2.2 (HDR not supported on Bristol Ridge and Raven Ridge)

So which one is it?  Does it support HDMI 2.0a w/HDR as the HP HP ProDesk 405 G4 Desktop Mini Business PC QuickSpec Guide says, or does it only support HDMI 1.4 w/o HDR since the Ryzen 5 Pro 2400GE 3.2 GHz Quad Core Processor is a Raven Ridge processor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So the issue was that I was plugging the HDMI connector into a non HDMI HDCP 2.2 compliant port on my receiver. Once plugged in to a 4k HDR capable port on the receiver, I'm able to achieve 4k @ 60hz with or without HDR enabled!

The part in the HP quickspec guide is capable of 4k HDR despite contradicting info in the port adapter documentation saying that this Ryzen generation isn't able to support HDR. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@JJ0001 

Part # 3TK74AA  (HP HDMI Port Flex IO (400/600/800)) supports HDMI 2.0a w/HDR probably is the one you need

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Appreciate the feedback but how can I be sure purchasing a different model than specified in the quickspec for the prodesk that it would in fact work? I was told to use these forums by an HP sales rep as a definitive way to find out before I spend 30 bucks and shipping to take a chance... 

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

Part # 3TK74AA  (HP HDMI Port Flex IO (400/600/800)) supports HDMI 2.0a w/HDR probably is the one you need

Prodesk 400/600/800 PCs are all Intel CPU/chipset devices (Intel® B360/Q370/Q370 PCH-H—vPro).  The Prodesk 405 G4 is an AMD CPU/chipset PC (AMD B350 FCH) like the Elitedesk 705.  It's probably not a stretch to speculate that the HDMI Port Flex IO cards are not interchangeable.

Edit: 12 Dec 2019:  According to HP PartsSurfer, the product numbers 3TK75AA and 3TK75AT both correspond to the same part# L37415-001.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=3tk75aa

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=3tk75at

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Thank you for pointing out that the 400 is a Intel VS the 405 being AMD, I had not linked the models to that and was wondering if 400 was implying the 400 series. So I'm even more hesitant to buy the 74AA if it's intended platform is Intel and I imagine there could be differences with the connector type as to why HP produced more than one HDMI Flex IO module. 

HP Recommended

I installed the HP HDMI Port Flex IO (405/705) 3TK75AA module and connected it to my TV.  My TV reports 2160p HDR10, so that answers the question.  The HP FLEX IO Option Cards QuickSpec sheet is incorrect in stating HDR is not supported on Raven Ridge.

HP Recommended

Good to know.  I take it to mean that is 4K @ 60 fps.

My understanding was that Raven Ridge had native support for 4K/60.  HP must be playing catch up with its drivers--and its literature & spec sheets. 

HP Recommended

You know what, it's 2160p at 30hz with HDR on, but when I set it to 60hz HDR doesn't work anymore. It does do 4k 60hz, just without HDR. I'm performing firmware and APU updates now. If the results change I'll reply back.

HP Recommended

So the issue was that I was plugging the HDMI connector into a non HDMI HDCP 2.2 compliant port on my receiver. Once plugged in to a 4k HDR capable port on the receiver, I'm able to achieve 4k @ 60hz with or without HDR enabled!

The part in the HP quickspec guide is capable of 4k HDR despite contradicting info in the port adapter documentation saying that this Ryzen generation isn't able to support HDR. 

HP Recommended

That's great news. These PCs are likely targeted at commercial applications that don't require 4K, let alone at 60hz; hence, the inconsistencies in the published datasheets. I am going to play around with one for htpc use (with a NAS), thanks for sorting this out and following up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.