Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 24-b114

I am trying to connect an Acer monitor (Model V246HL) to my HP All in One 24-b114 as a second monitor.  I want to be able to look at different things on each monitor, not mirroring the same thing.  The monitor has a VGA in and a DVI-D in.  I have a DVI-D single link cable.  My adapter is for Displayport, which the HP All in One doesn't have.  What adapter do I need to hook up the monitor to my HP?  It has an HDMI but I don't know if its in or out or what?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I just cracked my screen (LCD) and was able to hook up my all in one to another monitor (TV) with an HDMI cable.  It worked fine except the mouse seemed to be out of sync sometimes.  I have been advised to get an actual computer monitor with high resolution, etc.

HP Recommended

@AL20201

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

You can can use an HDMI to DVI-D cable to connect your external monitor to your HP AIO

Then you need to extend the screen. you will be able to do different things on each screen

1. In the Windows search box, search for and open Display settings. The ADVANCED DISPLAY SETTINGS window opens.

Figure : ADVANCED DISPLAY SETTINGS

ADVANCED DISPLAY SETTINGS
  2. Click the drop-down menu under Multiple displays, select Extend these displays, and then click Apply.

Figure : Multiple displays options

Configuration options in the Multiple  displays menu

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Krazy Toad for the assistance.  I was able to hook up as suggested but continued with ghost bubbles and a mouse with mind of its own.  However, I found the solution for the bubbles/mouse problem from another post which advocated disabling the touch screen.  I did this and get perfect performance on my 32 inch curved Samsung monitor.  As mentioned on another post, I had cracked my lcd touch screen.  I guess this caused the bubbles and mouse problems.  I have ordered a new touch screen to replace the cracked touch screen.

HP Recommended

@AL20201

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.