Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27q
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have a 2013 iMac https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-2.7-21-inch-aluminum-late-2013-specs.html...- and I have just added the HP monitor to my setup using a mini display port to display port cable. The issue is not that that the Mac cannot support the maximum resolution of the screen, (confirmed in macOS Settings - Displays) it is that there is a black border around the edge of the screen, and I cannot see any way to make the image fill the remaining space via the HP's on board menu. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the solution, the border around the image on this monitor is a 'feature' not a bug. The black space is there because that is far as the backlight goes. Why would HP advertise this monitor as having 'thin bezels', but then manufacture it so there is a 6mm black space around 75% of the display that you cannot do anything about? I will be returning this and buying a Dell.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found the solution, the border around the image on this monitor is a 'feature' not a bug. The black space is there because that is far as the backlight goes. Why would HP advertise this monitor as having 'thin bezels', but then manufacture it so there is a 6mm black space around 75% of the display that you cannot do anything about? I will be returning this and buying a Dell.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.