Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-In- One 24-dp-1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased the M24fw monitor to connect to my all- in- one to make it dual. When I startup the all- in -one the monitor remains blank. The computer light is on but no display. The second monitor is connected by HDMI that is also blank. I have to disconnect the second monitor from the all-in-one and restart the computer to start windows. What can be causing this issue. Should I be using a different cable to connect the monitor. There is a display port on the monitor, but the all -in- one does not.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gamegirl1 

What is your HP AIO 24-dp-1 ? HP has many AIO machines

• some have HDMI in,
  • some have HDMI out,
  • some have both,
  • some don't have HDMI port.

Does your machine have HDMI out ? You need HDMI out port to connect to an external monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have the HP All-in -One 24dp1000i. The monitor has 1 hdmi port. The computer has a hdmi port and a VGA.

HP Recommended

I resolved the issue on my own. I purchased a VGA monitor cable, connected it to a HDMI to VGA adapter all from Walmart and issue was resolved. If anyone else is having this issue most likely this is the resolution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.