Gamegirl1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black screen on dual monitor

HP Recommended
HP All-In- One 24-dp-1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased the M24fw monitor to connect to my all- in- one to make it dual. When I startup the all- in -one the monitor remains blank. The computer light is on but no display. The second monitor is connected by HDMI that is also blank. I have to disconnect the second monitor from the all-in-one and restart the computer to start windows. What can be causing this issue. Should I be using a different cable to connect the monitor. There is a display port on the monitor, but the all -in- one does not.

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,684 93,341 12,271 26,101
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gamegirl1 

What is your HP AIO 24-dp-1 ? HP has many AIO machines

• some have HDMI in,
  • some have HDMI out,
  • some have both,
  • some don't have HDMI port.

Does your machine have HDMI out ? You need HDMI out port to connect to an external monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Gamegirl1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the HP All-in -One 24dp1000i. The monitor has 1 hdmi port. The computer has a hdmi port and a VGA.

Gamegirl1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I resolved the issue on my own. I purchased a VGA monitor cable, connected it to a HDMI to VGA adapter all from Walmart and issue was resolved. If anyone else is having this issue most likely this is the resolution.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation