Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One Desktop PC 24-cb0000i (3B8A1AV)

Hi, I am trying to connect my Xbox One to my all in one desktop via the xbox's HDMI cable, but nothing is showing on the screen/monitor. I have connected the controller but can't see how to view the xbox game/use the monitor as a screen. Any advice would be gratefully received - thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HDMI port your PC has is one directional -- output only.

In other words, your PC can connect to a TV or monitor, and you can see what is on your PC's screen, not the other way around.

Specs on your PC's motherboard.

HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Morales | HP® Customer Support

Back I/O ports

• (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • (1) HDMI 1.4 output port
  • (2) USB 2.0 Type-A ports
  • (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A port (5 Gbps signaling rate)
  • (1) Power input port

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HDMI port your PC has is one directional -- output only.

In other words, your PC can connect to a TV or monitor, and you can see what is on your PC's screen, not the other way around.

Specs on your PC's motherboard.

HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Morales | HP® Customer Support

Back I/O ports

• (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • (1) HDMI 1.4 output port
  • (2) USB 2.0 Type-A ports
  • (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A port (5 Gbps signaling rate)
  • (1) Power input port
HP Recommended

Thank you so much Paul. That makes sense. 
is there anyway around this at all that you know of? Any other cables I can use? Or are there any other similar models of pc that I could replace this one with? 
Seems I’ve just spent £450 on a pc that I can’t use as I wanted to 😞 

thank you!! 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There would be no way that I know of for you to get your xBox to display on your PC.

If there is a way it can be done, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any HP all in one PC's that offer bi-directional HDMI or come with a HDMI out port and HDMI in port.

I recommend that you start a new topic on that subject.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, again very helpful! I think I’ve found a Dell All in One with both in and output HDMI ports so will investigate further…. Thanks again for you help. 
Kindest regards, Izzy 

HP Recommended

Anytime, Izzy.

Glad to have been of assistance, and I am happy to read you may have been able to find an AIO PC that meets your requirements.

My two main desktop PC's are Dell Optiplex business PC's.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul, I’ve just ordered the Dell making sure it has both the in and out HDMI 🙂 

Really appreciate your help. Have a great weekend. 
Izzy

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Izzy.

You have a great weekend too!

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.