Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 22-b226
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Friends

Hopefully, I am on the right board here.

I'm trying to help my elderly father with his webcam on his HP all in one PC (HP 22-b226)

I remotely accessed his PC to try to find it and it's not listed under his devices.  He definitely has one.  I had no luck locating the driver for this so i can download...any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@BAMBAM007

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-22-b200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/13823542/model/16512412... to know more about Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for your reply....i still can't figure it out,..below is the link i went to find the webcam driver but i dont see it listed?  what is the webcam driver called?  Also, i did see that the webcam device was listed in device mgr under Hidden Devices...so i uninstalled the webcam device and then scanned for new devices to reinstall it but now i don't see anything...not even in hidden devices anymore....this has me frustrated...yikes

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-22-b200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/13823542/mo...

HP Recommended

An IT friend of mine told me to try the Method 2 in this YouTube video....could this be a solution?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSeBNY51p-s

To Fix Camera and Webcam Problems in Windows 10 or Windows 8 or Windows 7, please try one of these two methods: Method 1: Open 'Device Manager' - Expand 'Imaging devices' - Right click on 'Integrated webcam' and select 'Uninstall' - Now click on the second tab upper 'Action' - Click on 'Scan for ...
HP Recommended

I tried Method 2 of the YouTube video this morning...didn't work...still cant find Webcam

HP Recommended

I did a system restore back to 5 days ago and now at least i got back the Webcam under hidden devices but i get code 45 still in the properties...device not connected

HP Recommended

below are the pics of the current properties of the Hidden Device WEBCAM...does this help?

image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

HP Recommended

@BAMBAM007

Thank you for posting back. 

Step 1: Locate and toggle the camera privacy switch or press the camera shutter key

Select HP notebook models to come with a camera privacy switch or a camera shutter key that turns the camera off and on. By default, the camera is turned on.

Camera privacy switch

The camera privacy switch is located on the side of your computer. To turn off your camera, slide the camera privacy switch toward the icon next to the switch. To turn the camera back on, slide the switch away from the icon.

Locating the camera privacy switch

Camera shutter key

The camera shutter key is located on the action key row of your keyboard. To turn off your camera, press the camera shutter key. To turn the camera back on, press the shutter key again.

Camera shutter LED

Camera status

Camera shutter key (light on)

LED on: The camera is off.

Camera shutter key (light off)

LED off: The camera is on.

Figure : Camera shutter key location

Camera shutter key location

Step 2: Troubleshoot the camera

If the error continues, refer to HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎 for additional camera troubleshooting tips.

Step 3: Install a new USB camera If the camera is still missing, install and connect a new USB camera.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

There is no camera privacy switch (it's not a laptop - it's an all-in-one PC)

Are you saying that I have to buy an external camera and plug into the USB? Meaning there is no fix for the existing camera? 

Are you saying that you can't provide a link to the webcam driver that i need? I thought that was all i needed? Can you tell me if this is a Microsoft issue since the webcam that came with the PC i believe was theirs, or is it a HP issue?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@BAMBAM007

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.