Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to completely disable the onboard graphics for my Ryzen 5700G. The dedicated NVIDIA RTX 3060 works flawlessly, but the onboard graphics still show up in device manager as active. I read that keeping onboard gfx running increases the CPU temps under load, so if anybody could give a hint as how to disable that, would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Normally this should not be a problem!
Do the test, open the task manager,
performance tab
you should only have the nvidia card here, and find even if not used, that the gpu use, is less
so I doubt, that the graphics processor, not used can have an impact, seriously
but this, may be specific to amd, as my intel graphics processor, will only appear if the nvidia card has been physically removed

How to identify what is slowin...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Normally this should not be a problem!
Do the test, open the task manager,
performance tab
you should only have the nvidia card here, and find even if not used, that the gpu use, is less
so I doubt, that the graphics processor, not used can have an impact, seriously
but this, may be specific to amd, as my intel graphics processor, will only appear if the nvidia card has been physically removed

How to identify what is slowin...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the hint, in fact the onbard graphics is shown there, but usage stays at 0%. Just to be on the safe side, I disabled it in the device manager. Now it doesn't show up in the task manager anymore. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

🙏

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.