Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 19 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP All In One screen won't turn on. The power button's light comes and the AC adapter port light comes on. I've taken the back off to see if the fans worked, and they do, but the screen won't come on. I've detached all USB devices (mouse, keyboard, etc) and I emptied the CD ROM, to restart the computer. Didn't work. What can I do? Also, I noticed that when I pressed the caps lock on my keyboard the caps light doesn't come on. Help me please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@livinghost123

You're welcome. 🙂

As @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Though the steps from the previous links were for Win8, they would still work for Win10 too. 

I would like to mention is that if the issue still persists and if the PC does not boot to BIOS then it indicates towards a hardware failure. I won't say a hard drive failure because the PC should still boot to BIOS if there's a hardware failure. 

I recommend you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the PC. 

Please do reach out to us for any questions you may have. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Excuse my typos, I was in a rush and I'm on mobile.

I have the same exact problem as, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/HP-19-All-in-One-Screen-Still-Black/td-p/4985222, listed. Please help. 😞
HP Recommended

@livinghost123

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you interrupt an update recently or was there an update that had been installed lately before this issue occurred?

Did you check with an alternate monitor to see if there's a display on it instead?

While I await your reply, please attempt the below steps:

Attempt a BIOS recovery

If the above steps work and the display turns on: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side.

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance:

Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank  : Click here

HP and Compaq All-in-One and HP TouchSmart Desktop PCs - Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@livinghost123

We haven't heard from you,

This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?

Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Riddle_Decipher,

And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Alright, sorry for the late reply.

I didn't interrupt any updates, and there weren't any recently. Unfortunately, I don't have an alternative monitor to check the display on, currently.

I've attempted the steps you provided several times, but to no avail. It should be noted though, my computer never restarted once I reached the final step. I noticed that the guides were for Windows 8, but I have Windows 10, maybe that's why it didn't go to well for me.

Also, this may be irrelevant, but a few months back, I had to replace my hard drive after I got a "Blue Screen of Death," that I was told occurred because of the Windows 10 update.

Thank-you for replying. 🙂
HP Recommended

@livinghost123

You're welcome. 🙂

As @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Though the steps from the previous links were for Win8, they would still work for Win10 too. 

I would like to mention is that if the issue still persists and if the PC does not boot to BIOS then it indicates towards a hardware failure. I won't say a hard drive failure because the PC should still boot to BIOS if there's a hardware failure. 

I recommend you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the PC. 

Please do reach out to us for any questions you may have. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, I guess there's no way around a repair. Thanks again for the help. 🙂

HP Recommended

@livinghost123

You're most welcome. 🙂

Take care!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.