Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic in advance.

I just purchased an HP Envy All-In-One.  Model 23o014; Product F3E94AA#ABA.  I'm running Windows 8.1.   I'm very happy with my purchase so far.

I also purchased an AOC E2470Sw monitor and would like to connect this as a second monitor to the All-In-One.

The AOC monitor has a VGA(? - 15 pin connector) connection), but also has two HDMI inputs.  I THOUGHT (with concurrence from my distracted salesman) that I could connect the two using the HDMI connectors on both machines, but I'm getting a blank screen on the AOC when I try it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi...

The HDMI connector on the base is an input,not an output. For a second monitor, you would need to go with a USB to video adapter.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi...

The HDMI connector on the base is an input,not an output. For a second monitor, you would need to go with a USB to video adapter.

Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Greetings of the day!

Do check the link below as it should resolve your query :-

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03065033

Hope it helps!

Reply with your product details if the issue isn't resolved.

Regards,
Mohammed.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  I was checking out USB to video adapters and see that there are several different kinds (e.g. VGA, DVI, HDMIDVI, etc).  What do I need to connect my AOC to my new Envy all-in-one?

HP Recommended

I listed my product details in my original message above.  I had gone to the page you suggested, but because I know so little about the various video cards, adapters, connections, etc. I thought I'd ask you for some specific advice. 

The AOC monitor comes with a VGA cable, but also has two HDMI ports.  If I buy an adapter, what kind of adapter should I buy for best quality picture?  Also, where on the Envy would I plug in the adapter?  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You say your monitor has both VGA and HDMI, so you would want either USB to VGA or USB to HDMI. You just want to be aware of the resolution of the adapter (1920 x 1080 preferred); plus you would need a cable for HDMI. The adapter plugs into the AIO via a USB port.

HP Recommended

THanks - I just ordered an adapter....will mark this as solved as soon as I get everything connected....or I'll be back!  Thanks again,

HP Recommended

I am having this same problem.  I know have the vga to usb adapter and the 2nd screen is working, EXCEPT the resolution is wrong and it will not allow me to change it in display settings through the control panel.  Help!  I have asked several it people so far and no one seems to be able to figure it out! 

HP Recommended

Just wanted to say, I tried to set this up myslef, with Just HDMI, no success. Texted with Best Buy Tech Support, nothing resolved. Followed advice from your post and Boom! Problem solved. Corporate Knowledge. Thanks for posting. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.