Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slim S01-pF1048xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hey there, I purchased the HP Slim S01-pF1048xt for my son last year along with the HP X24c Gaming Monitor. It's connected via HDMI and for Christmas this year, I purchased a second HP X24c monitor. But the issue I am having is that I can't get this second identical monitor connected. The monitor has a HDMI or a Display input so I purchased a HDMI to VGA and have it going into the VGA at the back of the tower. Once connected, I went into the second monitor's input settings and selected HDMI and that doesn't work and what it also does that is bizarre is that when the second monitor is connected it's as if it can't handle it. So much so that when I go into the Windows main settings so I can get into display settings, settings can't even open. 

I am losing my mind here thinking this is the only computer made in the last 10 years that can't handle multiple  displays but on the spec page here it says it can support 3 displays. Many thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Irisharmos 

As mentioned before you need a right converter. I tested many of them on market few years back, the results were not promising. Please try

https://www.amazon.com.au/Adapter-Computer-Desktop-Monitor-Projector/dp/B07BKYBKGP

Note: I have not tested this one and not willing to test now because no more source for me to test (I'm a retiree now).

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Irisharmos 

From its specs, it supports 3 monitors but the specs does not list available ports. Looks like it has at its back:

• (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • (1) HDMI 1.4b/HDCP 2.2 port
  • (1) VGA port
  • (3) Audio ports
  • (4) USB 2.0 Type-A ports
  • (1) Power input port

From VGA (analog) to HDMI (digital) you need a proper converter. Please use NATIVE VGA to VGA cable that means your monitor must have VGA input port. Can you swap the monitor ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I can't swap out the  monitor because it's identical to the original/first one I purchased. Would it work to get an HDMI to VGA (which I have) that then connects to VGA to VGA cable (which I would need to purchase)? Or would the monitor still be seen as HDMI?

HP Recommended

@Irisharmos 

As mentioned before you need a right converter. I tested many of them on market few years back, the results were not promising. Please try

https://www.amazon.com.au/Adapter-Computer-Desktop-Monitor-Projector/dp/B07BKYBKGP

Note: I have not tested this one and not willing to test now because no more source for me to test (I'm a retiree now).

Regards

BH

HP Recommended

The cable worked, god bless! Thank you, Banhien. You are the man!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.