Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 750-167c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!  I am working on an Envy 750-167c system where there is no video when powered on.  I can't seem to get to BIOS or anything.  When It was brought to me, it booted once with video and worked just fine.  When I tried to boot every time since, there is no video.  I have disconnected everything except MB/CPU/RAM, still no go.  I tried putting in another video card (EVGA GeForce 210) and get a 3:3 beep code, which I understand is normal until a setting is changed in BIOS.  I can't get to BIOS, or at least can't see it, because the on board video doesn't seem to work.  I have tried both HDMI ports on the MB.  It is running Windows 10, but I have only confirmed it booting that far once.  I haven't noticed any LED flashing anywhere.  Other things that have been checked : video cable & monitor switched out for known good, mouse & keyboard switched for known good.  

I realize it is an older system, but I would be happy if I can get the GeForce to work since it is just needed for office work.

I would appreciate any help.  Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WhooshTN

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts n diagnosing this issue

Unfortunately this seems to be a Hardware issue since you are unable to get to the BIOS as well

I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.