Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY Recline Touchsmart All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all and thanks in advance a lot for your help.

I am trying to connect a device to my computer HP ENVY 27 through HDMI cable, I have not used the HDMI in this computer before. In other words I want to use the PC as a simple screen.

So I connect the cable, device is on, computer is on, I click the HDMI IN button but nothing happens, it seems like the computer doesn't detect any device connected. 

I read that I need to roll back the video driver and that the driver update can delete the video driver, but I don't know which driver I should install to fix it. 

Can you please help me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all, 

I fixed the problem myself, I refresh the computer to the original configuration without deletting the documents and files. Now the HDMI works perfectly. It appears to be a driver problem then, the refresh bring back the original driver on the PC.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

There seems to be many different models of the  ENVY Recline Touchsmart All-In-One, but here is an example

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04428032

On that model, there is an HDMI input on the left lower side of the screen.  If the unit in question is different, then please submit the complete model number.  Similar to the model number at the top of the linked page.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply TheOldMan

Yes I have tried the process few times, I pluged the android box to the computer through HDMI and I pushed the button, but the computer doesn't see the device, I changed the HDMI in case it was broken but the computer doens't see the device still...

Any Idea please?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Again using the model from the link I posted earlier, the manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03918575

says the HDMI in button is located on the underside of the left corner.  The page is labeled Page 12 Chapter 2.

Switches the computer screen to the HDMI device if the device is not detected automatically.  If that does not cause it to detect the device, then I do not know what else to do as I have not seen/used one of the AIO computers.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi all, 

I fixed the problem myself, I refresh the computer to the original configuration without deletting the documents and files. Now the HDMI works perfectly. It appears to be a driver problem then, the refresh bring back the original driver on the PC.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Glad to hear that.  I agree, it most likely was a driver that failed or was updated to a poor version.

If an update disrupted the way it works, it most likely will happen again when the update is reloaded.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, 

I will keep in mind

:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.