Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillion 590 p0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Windows 10 Pavilion 590 p0066 and the output from the HDMI port is too large for my TV. It works perfect using the VGA port going to the PC input on the TV. It workect perfect with my previous W7 computer with Intel graphics.

I did all the updates. I tried all the display settings. I downloaded to latest drivers, 9/25/2019  26.20.100.7263 and installed them.

The off shore tech support I am directed to wants $49.99 plus they want to take control of my computer.

My next step is to return it to Staples.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The drivers were not the problem.

The problem was the picture size setting on the Toshiba TV controller. There are 6 different modes of display or format of a HDMI input. It needs to be set on native.  After that the picture was so sharp It hurt my eyes and I had to reduce the focus.

Every HD TV I have has some sort of picture size adjustment so I suspect it is true of all TVs used as monitors.

IT still burns me up that it costs $49.99 for tech support on a new computer. And that someone outside of the US would need to take control and have access to everything in my computer for such a simple thing that couldn't have been diagnosed that way anyway.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@OldGrampz

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

You can try to restore the previous driver by using the rollback option.

1. Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
  2. Expand Display Adapters.
  3. Double-click on your Intel® display device.
  4. Select the Driver tab.
  5. Click Roll Back Driver to restore.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The drivers were not the problem.

The problem was the picture size setting on the Toshiba TV controller. There are 6 different modes of display or format of a HDMI input. It needs to be set on native.  After that the picture was so sharp It hurt my eyes and I had to reduce the focus.

Every HD TV I have has some sort of picture size adjustment so I suspect it is true of all TVs used as monitors.

IT still burns me up that it costs $49.99 for tech support on a new computer. And that someone outside of the US would need to take control and have access to everything in my computer for such a simple thing that couldn't have been diagnosed that way anyway.

HP Recommended

@OldGrampz

Thanks for keeping us posted

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.