Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2311x
Other

Hello so I’ve been trying to connect my ps4 to my hp2311x monitor but every few seconds it turns off and  on with the monitor status and it constantly happens. I’ve tried using a DVI to Hdmi cable, a VGA to hdmi cable, other HDMI cables, as well tried a power reset and even lowered the resolution multiple times and it continues to turn off and on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@brandonzx

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried setting up your PS4 resolution to 1920 x 1080?
  • Have you tried connecting different devices to the monitor such as a desktop or laptop?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I have tried setting up my PS4 resolution to 1920 x 1080 as well as lower resolutions and I have also tried connecting it to a laptop.

HP Recommended

I have the same monitor but connected to the PC. After several years of working properly it has started to behaving exacly the same as Brandonzx described. What is interesting, it only happens when playing games when my GFX card gets activated - it turns itself off for a couple of seconds then comes back. 

It happens with HDMI and DVI. My other monitor (an even older Lenovo) works well and the signal disconnecting never happens.

I truly have no idea whether it's due to faulty external power supply or something inside the monitor itself.

HP Recommended

@brandonzx @NeonOther

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.