Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27 es
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have been using an HP 27es for a little over a year. It is an external monitor for my Macbook Pro 2015.   I moved my setup to a new desk and now the monitor will not lock in a signal.  You plug in the power supply and it quickly starts flashing the MONITOR STATUS, INPUT SIGNAL NOT FOUND and the menu bar but stays black.  The power button will NOT turn off, and if you are able to have the menu screen pop up, it is constantly scrolling through the menu like you are holding down the UP button. When I plug in an HDMI cord to my Mac, it starts causing the Mac screen to go black and flash on and off.  If you bring up the display arrangement settings in System Prefs you can see that the monitor pops in and out as if it trying to lock the signal.  Curious why it started happening now.  I often am unplugging the laptop from the external monitors and haven't had an issue before.  I run a two monitor set-up and the second monitor is not having any issues.  Appreciate any info that you might be able to provide.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TWLII I understand, it's definitely a wise choice to get an upgrade rather than spending that amount to repair the existing device,

you could check with our HP support team on facebook or twitter for assistance on getting a new monitor or check with the local store as per your preference.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TWLII Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Does the monitor work as a stand-alone device? with just one monitor connected at a time.

If the other monitor works while the HP doesn't, this could be a hardware malfunction with the monitor, if the other monitor doesn't work either, please update the graphics card & monitor drivers, 

For the monitor drivers you may check the HP website: Click here to find and install the same.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No. The monitor does not work when it is the only thing plugged into my Macbook.  It also doesn't work when it isn't plugged into the laptop.  Meaning it flashes between the MONITOR STATUS, INPUT SIGNAL NOT FOUND and the menu bar scrolls constantly if you are able to get it to pop on the screen without an HDMI cord plugged in.  I should have specified that my second monitor is also an HP 27 es and it works fine.  I've looked at the driver page before and didn't think it was possible to download and install using a Mac.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@TWLII I appreciate the details, it looks like the best way forward is to get the monitor repaired as it seems to be a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks but I spoke to customer service and they said to repair it would cost about $150.  I only paid $175 for the monitor so I will probably just buy new monitors instead of fixing this one.

HP Recommended

@TWLII I understand, it's definitely a wise choice to get an upgrade rather than spending that amount to repair the existing device,

you could check with our HP support team on facebook or twitter for assistance on getting a new monitor or check with the local store as per your preference.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.