Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E243d
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a HP EliteDisplay E243d that do not charge any laptop connected by USB. I have tried several different laptops and brands and have changed the USB cable several times. Last thing I tried was to update the firmware but no luck. Is there something else that I can try the get the charging function to start working again?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@stjarni82 wrote:

I have a HP EliteDisplay E243d that do not charge any laptop connected by USB.

@stjarni82 

Do you mean USB-C ? if yes, what is your computer ? By the way the specs of the monitor is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05968119#AbT6

It won't be able to use USB-C to charge your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP EliteDisplay E243d does absolutely charge laptops by USB-C. We have several of them as docking monitors. 

The screen in question has been tested with HP laptops and Lenovo laptops. Non of them get charge.

HP Recommended

Hi, I‘ve had a very similar problem with the same display. It just wouldn’t charge my laptop over usb-c. So I checked the back and turns out someone plugged the power in the wrong way. The display has two power connections on the back on the left. One is labelled „In“ and one is „Out“.

Someone just plugged the power in at the „out“ port. Curious that the display still worked.

Anyway, I switched the power cable to the „in“ port and charging worked again.

Hope this helps

Alex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.