Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I connected a cable TV box to my HP Pavilion 32q monitor using a HDMI cable. The signal came through fine, but the picture was grainy and pink. Also no sound, but I probably need to connect speakers to my TV box for that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dkendrick12

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Thank you for accepting my suggestion, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the concern.

I will let the R&D team know about your feedback, thank you for that.

That said, you've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@dkendrick12

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you have a bad picture quality while using an HP monitor with your set up box,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you attempted to reseat the HDMI connection or try another cable?

Do you have an external set of speakers that work with your set up box? (If not, please try one)

Did you check if an alternate monitor has the same picture with grains and pink color?

If you haven't, Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to reset the HP monitor and check again, if not Contact HP for a replacement.

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, there could be an issue with the set up box.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast help. When the new cable box did not work on my computer monitor, I moved it downstairs and hooked it up by cable to the regular TV there. It worked just fine. The HDMI cable that I tried with the computer monitor was new out of the comcast box but I can try another when I get another box. But back to the original question - I assume that the HP 32 inch monitor will work for cable TV from your comments, right?

So I will need to get another box and try again and I will let you know.

Dave

HP Recommended

@dkendrick12

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Yes, it should work, if you've been able to see an image though it was pink or grainy, it would mean that the connection works,

However, the connection is poor or the quality of it is bad, hence you can take your time in getting this done and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went back to the Comcast store and got another box, this time a really small simple XiD-P with cable in and out and HDMI to TV. Whatever the difference was, I don't know, but now the picture is just fine. I still have an issue with audio as neither the big monitor or switch box have a headphone jack. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

HP Recommended

@dkendrick12

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

That's impressive to see how you've got the display issue taken care off,

it looks like the issue was with the HDMI connector on the set top box and not the monitor, although, it would be better to use monitors with a desktop or notebook, considering the monitor doesn't have an audio output or speakers according to the product specifications: Click here to view.

I'm afraid though there's an HDMI port, there's no speaker on the monitor and therefore it cannot produce an audio output, I hope that answers your query and you take the suggestion of using the setup box with a TV or a source that has an audio output.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK. I will go back to Comcast and try to get a box with an audio output. Kind of funny a monitor this big does not have audio like most of the smaller ones. I can't be the only person that thinks this would make a great TV, too.

Thanks,

Dave

HP Recommended

@dkendrick12

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Thank you for accepting my suggestion, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the concern.

I will let the R&D team know about your feedback, thank you for that.

That said, you've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do I connect the HDMI on the cable box to HDMI  out and HDMI on the computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.