Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProOne 600 G5
Linux

Hello, I have a problem to run Ubuntu linux on the ProOne 600 G5 device.

It's run, but the screen doesn't show console or desktop correctly. Linux-desktop.jpg

The small one is the ProOne and there is a big display attached (the big display should be on the right side, but it doesn't matter). As you can see, the X desktop on the device has 1600x900 resolution. Down is the top of screen showed again and right side is black. The big dislplay is correct even it's showing piece of FF window. This wrong showing happened inmediatelly after boot, when is just CLI showed.

I tryed use an "edid.bin" file as a kernel parameter (drm.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin), but screen was just a black in this case (system is running, I can make login thru ssh to them).

I tryed more different parameters for kernel also, but without success. For example:

video=eDP-1:1920x1080@60e
video=eDP-1:1920x1080@60D

i915.preliminary_hw_support=1

i915.alpha_support=1
i915.enable_guc=2
i915.preliminary_hw_support=1

With one of this kernel options or combinations is the result same, or the screen is just black.

My last conclusion is the problem is with display. The "drm.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin" option force graphics card to run in this mode, but the display doesn't understand(?) this.

I tryed change kernel configuration and recompile it too.

Does anybody know a solution? I am trying google a few days but without success.

Thanks

--

Mareg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The problem is the display report wrong resolution (1600x900).

The error occured if the "Legacy support" in "Advance -> Secure boot configuration" is enabled in BIOS. If I set the
"Advance -> Secure boot configuration -> Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot" to "Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable" the system works fine.

I changed this setting because we are using boot over PXE.

Does will HP fix this error?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The problem is the display report wrong resolution (1600x900).

The error occured if the "Legacy support" in "Advance -> Secure boot configuration" is enabled in BIOS. If I set the
"Advance -> Secure boot configuration -> Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot" to "Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable" the system works fine.

I changed this setting because we are using boot over PXE.

Does will HP fix this error?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.