Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY ALL IN ONE 32 4k HDR A0007NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone In the end I decided to ask here as nowhere I can find the solution to my problem.

I jave the hp envy all in one 32 4k HDR A0007NL with the geforce RTX 2080. All is good, but i can't understand why I can't turn on the HDR option in games. It always says (in game otpion when i try to turn it on) "this screen does not support HDR mode" or somthing similar depend on the game. This happen in every game i play with, DOOM ETERNAL, F1 2020, MORTAL KOMBAT 11 (of course every game is original). I really can't figure out. Every game is updated with every new update/patch and same for windows 10 home edition preinstalled on the pc. Same with nvidia drivers.

Initially I thought this screen did not support HDR and therefore was poorly described, but by connecting both the PS4 and PS5 to the hdmi IN of the pc, the HDR option is activated correctly in the console settings and the games work perfectly in 4k HDR. But no way for the pc games (i also tried to activate in windows display options "use app and games in hdr" (windows look orrible with that setting on) and nothing happen, still can't activate HDR option in games.

Someone with this model has by chance tried and had similar problems?

Thanks alot!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
I don't have the answer to the question, but you have some information here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hdr-and-wcg-color-settings-in-windows-10-2d767185-38ec-7...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your reply. I know all the settings etc for windows hdr options and, as i said before, using windows in this mode is worst than regular. In any case it has nothign to do with the in-game option for HDR that unfortunately i'm not able to use. Let's see if someone with same PC/Issue is able to help me.

Thank you anyways.

HP Recommended

Sorry

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.