Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion # P6670t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm getting no video signal to the monitor. In the past I just pulled the power & video cables, held the power button down

for about a minute & problem was solved. This time no luck. I even tried unhooking everything.

I'm sure the monitor is ok. I tried switching to VGA with no luck.

Tried replacing CMOS battery, no dice. Can anyone help please ?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi KT,

Thanks for replying & trying to help but problem is solved. I got it going shortly after I made my post.

I was aware of trying BIOS but had a gut feeling it was something else.

(Would I have been able to bring it up without a monitor signal anyway ?)

I pulled the video card, cleaned the contacts on it & the MB, re-seated it & bingo !!

What a relief !  

Live & learn I guess !

Thanks again KT !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SL58

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

If you have confirmed that the monitor and the cables work fine, the it could be an issue the computer not booting up

Please perform a Power Drain and try getting to BIOS.

Shut down the computer remove all the cables, press and hold the power on for 10 seconds without any power cord connected. this will drain out any static charge

Plug back the Power Cord, Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse. Upon restarting keep tapping on F10 till you see System Configuration Screen ( BIOS )

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KT,

Thanks for replying & trying to help but problem is solved. I got it going shortly after I made my post.

I was aware of trying BIOS but had a gut feeling it was something else.

(Would I have been able to bring it up without a monitor signal anyway ?)

I pulled the video card, cleaned the contacts on it & the MB, re-seated it & bingo !!

What a relief !  

Live & learn I guess !

Thanks again KT !

HP Recommended

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.