Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedisplay E243M
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The webcam is not recognised after installating the driver for the monitor

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had the same issue. I resolved it as follows:

1. Connecting the monitor to my notebook (Surface 4 in my case) via HDMI cable (Mini DisplayPort to HDMI)

2. Make sure monitor is on and taking input from the computer

3. Connecting the monitor using the USB 3.0 A to USB 3.0 B cable

4. Download and run the webcam driver executable available here: https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedisplay-e243m-23.8-inch-monitor/18164494 (you may need to select your region)

When I got the "camera not found" error it was when I only had the USB cable connected, not the HDMI one at the same time.

HP Recommended

I had same problem but it was due to failure to plug in BOTH HDMI and USB. This fact should be included in the "Trouble Shooting" page for this product since it is likely that use of the built-in camera is the major selling point of this monitor. The support documentation does a poor job of providing any details about connecting or using the Webcam and only references use for Skype Business which you don't need to use the webcam.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.