Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pro One 600 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/Madam

I am having problem with my AIO Computer Monitor Screen. On its right side, there is a black shadow and appears every time the computer is rebooted (Please see the attached screenshot). This black shadow also appears on the BIOS display. This shadow does not appear after I turn off the computer for several hours and turns it back on. But after several hours of use and after Windows 10 is updated and restarted, this black shadow reappears.

I doubt if this has to do with the LCD Monitor. I am more sure that this has to do with the Operating System or software. But I'm not sure about that either

Please help

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 08.15.09.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

up

HP Recommended

@DENNIAGUNGPAMBU

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please run an Extensive System Test and let me know if the black shadow appears during the Test

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Krazytoad

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately, the Black shadow still appears during the Extensive Test as you asked

Here is the photo

IMG_20200726_230555.jpg

 it is mentoned that the process Will take 5 hours and more

And while I am typing this post, the process still goes 2% and the Black shadow still appears

Must I complete this process UP to 100% untill the shadow is gone?

Hope for your advice

HP Recommended

@DENNIAGUNGPAMBU

Since the black screen appears during the Test this is a Hardware issue

Please contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.