Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-21-2020 10:05 PM - edited 07-22-2020 12:38 AM
I am having problem with my AIO Computer Monitor Screen. On its right side, there is a black shadow and appears every time the computer is rebooted (Please see the attached screenshot). This black shadow also appears on the BIOS display. This shadow does not appear after I turn off the computer for several hours and turns it back on. But after several hours of use and after Windows 10 is updated and restarted, this black shadow reappears.
I doubt if this has to do with the LCD Monitor. I am more sure that this has to do with the Operating System or software. But I'm not sure about that either
07-26-2020 08:24 AM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please run an Extensive System Test and let me know if the black shadow appears during the Test
- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.
Keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue
I Am An HP Employee
07-26-2020 10:11 AM - edited 07-26-2020 10:13 AM
Thanks for the reply
Unfortunately, the Black shadow still appears during the Extensive Test as you asked
Here is the photo
it is mentoned that the process Will take 5 hours and more
And while I am typing this post, the process still goes 2% and the Black shadow still appears
Must I complete this process UP to 100% untill the shadow is gone?
Hope for your advice
07-26-2020 12:41 PM
Since the black screen appears during the Test this is a Hardware issue
Please contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
I Am An HP Employee