Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-g014 (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello! My touchscreen desktop is no longer a touch screen. Can anyone help!  I have been watching youtube videos, searching google and looking through posts here to try to solve this problem with no luck. 

the Pen and touch says No pen or touch input is available for this display.

I have also looked in device manager under Human Interface Devices and it seems what I need to show there isn't showing either.  HELP please, I'm beyond frustrated:(

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@eRICaBBY5 Greetings from the HP Community!

Did you check if the touchscreen works in the BIOS Screen? 

• This would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, hence I request you tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
  • If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction.
  • If it works, please use the HP website to download all the latest drivers for your device using this link: click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!  I did a F10 during a reboot and was not able to use the touchscreen at that point either.  Please advise.

HP Recommended

@eRICaBBY5 If it didn't work on the BIOS screen, it could only mean that there's a hardware malfunction on the device and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.