5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

USB Ports of E273 monitors are not working

HP Recommended
E273 Monitor
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

I have connected my new E273 monitor with MacBook Pro 13-inch macOS 10.15.5.  The usb ports in the monitor are not working. Is there any setting needs to be changed?

7 REPLIES 7
IronBadger
Level 9
Level 9
857 826 76 279
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check the Power Settings on the Monitor.  On the Z27 monitor I have it has a Performance and a Power Save setting.

If it is set to Power Save (the default) the USB ports are disabled.  You need to switch it to Performance.  I am not 100% sure the E273 monitors have the same setting but it's worth checking.

Monitor Power Save Setting.jpg

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
0 Kudos
mj90
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thank you for the suggestions but I'm not able to find performance and a Power Save setting option in E273. 

0 Kudos
mj90
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do we have any other solution for this?

0 Kudos
IronBadger
Level 9
Level 9
857 826 76 279
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which model of E273 do you have?  It looks like there is a E273 i,m,q and d.  With d being the one with the camera and such.

How is the MBP connected?  USB-C? Displayport?  HDMI?

The User Guide indicates that there should be a Power Control option in the On Screen Display menus on page 19.

I looked for any support documentation around USB issues and there do not seem to be any documented issues.

0 Kudos
mj90
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like documentation itself has the problem. I'm not getting any power mode option in the power control option. I'm getting the options shown in picture. I have tried to connect my system with HDMI and Displayport.  

This is the basic version without camera. E273: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07CG48R8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 10.05.03 AM.jpeg

0 Kudos
mj90
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are there any suggestions based on the menu in my monitor?

0 Kudos
IronBadger
Level 9
Level 9
857 826 76 279
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You stated " I have tried to connect my system with HDMI and Displayport"

Neither HDMI or Displayport carry a USB signal.  You will need to connect to the USB-C port on the monitor from your computer.  I believe the monitor came with a USB-A to USB-C cable.  You would need to use this or a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect USB to your computer and use the USB ports on the monitor.

If you have a computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports, a single USB-C cable could carry USB and video to the monitor.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation