Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDisplay e243m
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello all,

I work in the IT Dept of a hospital and I help install webcams or displays with webcams/microphones on the workstations of health professsionals for tele-consults and/or meetings. Some of those workstations run outdated but needed software and have to be installed with Windows 7 32bits.

Unfortunately, I've run into an issue twice where when I tried to install an EliteDisplay e243m with webcam and mic, even with the USB cable run from the screen to the pc (HP ProDesk 600 G3 GM) and the pc connected with DisplayPort, the webcam and the microphone are NOT recognized. Speaker works but nothing that depends on the USB cable works. Power Mode is set to Performance but the side USB ports do not work. Installation of the proper drivers straight from HP show no difference after restart. Device Manager shows no webcam, no mic. I experienced the same issue on the same PC with an Elite Display e223, USB cable plugged in, Performance mode chosen (but somewhat greyed out) but USB ports on the screen not working.

Is there any known issues with EliteDisplays and USB foncitonalities and Windows 7 32bits? The same e243m monitor worked like a charm plugged my EliteBook G5 so I know the screen has no issues. Tried all USB ports on the PC, all confirmed to work with mouse/keyboard. 

Anyone experienced something similar?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@lepine_mel

I reviewed your post and I understand that the USB ports and the microphone are not working when connected to a Windows 7 32bit operating system PC.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you tried connecting the monitor using the HDMI cable and checked?

Is the power supply on the computer has sufficient power to power the monitor USB ports?

The monitor uses the computer audio drivers for the speaker and the microphone. I recommend you try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver on the computer and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've only connected the monitors using DisplayPort which is the standard in our enterprise considering HP ProDesks are the go-to pcs we're using. DP connections work fine on all win10 builds and win7 32/64 bits as far as image and speaker audiio go.

My idea that something might be wonky on win32bits and EliteDisplays e243m and even EliteDisplays 223 and the USB connectivity to the screens is that on the e243 the camera and side USB ports do not work/aren`t recognized by windows even when Power Mode > Performance is activated. Installing HPs drivers does not fix the issue. I've "corrected" the problem by upgrading one pc to win 7 64bit and using a standalone webcam/headset combo on the other. EliteDisplay e243m is fully fonctionnal on win7 64bit.

Just would like to know if there's anything I could do to fix the issue on the rare pcs we cannot risk upgrading even to the 64bit version for those that need the screens.

Thank you very much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.