Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
VH240a monitor

I did a bit of research and found multiple listings for the HP VH240a monitor to rotate to portrait mode. 

It arrived, but does not look like an easy pivot of 90 degrees. 

Upon arrival and unboxing, I looked at the user manual and cannot find anything about rotating to vertical.

Do I need to return?

Or unscrew the nut in the center of the mounting bracket and hope for a fix?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

bump - hoping for help before I send it back.

HP Recommended
Bump- any suggestions for a monitor that rotates?
HP Recommended

It pivots.

the pivot is tight, it cannot easily be turned unless the monitor is mounted.

mount is up and walla, it works.

all good.

HP Recommended

Does this monitor pivot in BOTH directions?

I would like to use 2 with the thin portions of the bezel next to each other (ie rotate 1 left and the other right)

HP Recommended
While in highest vertical position and horizontal mode, tilt monitor back. Then grasp monitor by bottom left and top right corners and twist clockwise, ( right.) The top vertical position on the column and monito tilted back is necessary to provide clearance from the base while rotating. Hope this helps. Tom aka SemperFi59.
HP Recommended
Two preliminary steps to make rotation easier. Have monitor at the highest position and then tilt the top of the monitor backwards. Grasp the e monitor at the lower left and upper right corners and twist clockwise, (right.) The tilt is necessary to ensure the corners of the monitor clear the base. Hope this helps. Tom aka SemperFi59.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.