Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion

My monitor shows vertical colored lines and comes on but goes back to sleep after a couple of minutes! Can someone tell me what happened? Its a HP2010i Monitor for my HP Pavilion desktop. When I connected the monitor, shortly it went to vertical screen with colored lines. Please help if possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Scamper406 .
The lines on the screen may be because it already has damage from age, bumps, cable failure, and if the monitor goes to sleep it is for the following reasons:
No input signal
No signal detected
Signal out of range
Synchronization out of range
Cable disconnected
Check cable connection
Warning - PC going into power saving mode
... or something similar.

More info:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03518095

I recommend that you connect the monitor directly to the power outlet, so do not use power strips, power strips, adapters, power regulators and try it on another computer and check if the problems occur, and if they continue to occur replace the cable with which you are transmitting video and if that does not help either, it is because you really have a hardware problem your monitor.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Scamper406 .
The lines on the screen may be because it already has damage from age, bumps, cable failure, and if the monitor goes to sleep it is for the following reasons:
No input signal
No signal detected
Signal out of range
Synchronization out of range
Cable disconnected
Check cable connection
Warning - PC going into power saving mode
... or something similar.

More info:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03518095

I recommend that you connect the monitor directly to the power outlet, so do not use power strips, power strips, adapters, power regulators and try it on another computer and check if the problems occur, and if they continue to occur replace the cable with which you are transmitting video and if that does not help either, it is because you really have a hardware problem your monitor.

If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

I used a new VGA cord and its the same  issue. I have it connected to a direct power source as you stated so the issue might be the hardware itself. Most likely the Graphics hardware may have malfunctioned. Thanks a lot for the response. HP no longer provide the hardware for this product, so do you know where I can obtain a copy?

HP Recommended

@Scamper406 .

What do you mean by obtaining a copy?
In this case, if you have already reinstalled the graphics driver and updated your computer's bios, in addition to the above, you will need to take your monitor to an Hp authorized service center.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.