Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion Gaming Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I leave my computer for a few hours and come back, any attempt to play video of any sort - from my local disk or the web - the play back is slow, jittery, and the sound is garbled.  A power reset fixes it.  I have an Nvidia graphics card.  Is this a known issue

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mcdgreg11003 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, You may want to install all available windows updates, as a patch may have been released by Microsoft to resolve such issues, if there are no new updates available, please use the below steps to reinstall the graphics card drivers from the device manager:

Step 1: Use Windows + X and select device manager.

Step 2: look for display adapters, and right click on the available display adapters, then select uninstall, when done, restart the computer.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model.

For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS - Skip to Step 5: Adjust visual effects in Windows and step 7 of this article.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.