Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Ubuntu LTS

Hi everyone,

I'm searching for a bios of my HP RTX 2070, i've found a bios on techpowerup but it's for L34256-001 model and my model is L34257-001, i've flashed already this bios but the FAN is not working fine with this one.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Chems -- the FAN is not working fine with this one

If you replace the fan, does that stop the symptoms?

In general, any "BIOS Update" is not a "instant cure" for most problems.  Correct -- @WAWood  ?

Personally, I would not try a BIOS Update, until all other avenues have been explored.

HP Recommended

The fan is working with other Bios files, i've tried the MSI aeros one, and the fans are working fine. but after an hour working error 43 apprears 😕

HP Recommended

My question is, why HP dont provide BIOS of GPU ??

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Chems --  i've found a bios on techpowerup but it's for L34256-001 model and my model is L34257-001, i've flashed already this bios

In hindsight, flashing with the "wrong" BIOS could have created your issue.

the FAN is not working fine with this one.

Again, having the "wrong" BIOS can have caused this issue.

Generally, most motherboard manufacturers do not post the original BIOS.

If they produce an update to the BIOS, they post it.

So, for your motherboard, the manufacturer probably has not created and posted a BIOS update.

Also, some motherboards do not allow one to install an older BIOS. They have gone through the effect of creating an update, and doing a "Quality Assurance" review, and made the effort to post the updated BIOS to their web-site -- they want you to use the newer BIOS.  So, they prevent a user from "downgrading", maybe accidentally.

HP Recommended

Hi,
I have the same issue with the same card.
Could you might share the proper Bios for this graphic card ?
Thank you !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.