Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I've checked all documents on HP web site but still cannot find how to connect and enable in BIOS second monitor for hp 8200 elite sff? Or where is a user manual?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Again, the computer is a business class model regardless of its being use in a home environment. Many business class computers use hardware which is specific a business environment and not typically used in a home environment. Again, your question may be better answered in the HP Business Support Forum.

As far getting assistance without going to the business forum.. according to the specs, this model support a legacy analog VGA port and a modern digital DisplayPort port. Both of these port get their signals from the integrated Intel graphics sub-system. The DisplayPort port will require an adapter unless the monitor also has a DisplayPort port. If the computer was ordered with an alternative graphics card or one has been installed everything changes.

Please provide a photo of the back of your computer, showing the VGA port and all nearby ports. Also provide the brands and models of the monitors you are attempting to use with this computer.  

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP consumer class products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum. It is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

The HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF Computer is a business class computer and as such, your question may be better answered in the HP Business Support Forum.

Manuals, software, and drivers are available from the link above.

There is nothing in the BIOS to enable a second monitor. If you have more then one video output port on you computer, typically there is nothing more to do than connect the second monitor and turn the computer on.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended

I am a little bit confused how to qualify for Business or home customer forum because I am just using this computer at home for my personal purposes. Is this depend from use purposes, model or class?

I was not able to find a manual that explaining how to set up dual monitors from your link to HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF Computer. Only I find that this model allow to connect two monitors but not showing how 😞

It seems to me that I am not the first who need to connect second monitor.

HP Recommended

Again, the computer is a business class model regardless of its being use in a home environment. Many business class computers use hardware which is specific a business environment and not typically used in a home environment. Again, your question may be better answered in the HP Business Support Forum.

As far getting assistance without going to the business forum.. according to the specs, this model support a legacy analog VGA port and a modern digital DisplayPort port. Both of these port get their signals from the integrated Intel graphics sub-system. The DisplayPort port will require an adapter unless the monitor also has a DisplayPort port. If the computer was ordered with an alternative graphics card or one has been installed everything changes.

Please provide a photo of the back of your computer, showing the VGA port and all nearby ports. Also provide the brands and models of the monitors you are attempting to use with this computer.  

Please send KUDOs

Frank

HP Recommended

Make sure the Drivers for INtel Video driver for your version of OS and the chipset drivers are loaded.

Then on reboot the monitor in the Displayport should light up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.