Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

System is about six months old.

All wifi networks disappeared as well as any evidence in Win10 that there was any wifi hardware installed.

Did all the normal rebooting of system and router to no avail.

Since it was under warranty, took to the the seller.  Worked fine there and when I returned home.

My conclusion is an intermittent short on the system board.  Is this a plug in module that can be reseated?

I can't find any kind of useful system board schematic on the HP support site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @MichaelShores,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand that you suspect an intermittent connection is causing WiFi issues at home. I am happy to help with this.

Looking at the HP Slimline 450-a120 Desktop PC Product Specifications, the wireless connection is provided by the PCI express half-length mini card shown below.

Wireless card - top view

With the power off, and unit unplugged you could try removing and then inserting the card again, to see if that helps.

If there is no change, then give this interactive troubleshooter a try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @MichaelShores,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand that you suspect an intermittent connection is causing WiFi issues at home. I am happy to help with this.

Looking at the HP Slimline 450-a120 Desktop PC Product Specifications, the wireless connection is provided by the PCI express half-length mini card shown below.

Wireless card - top view

With the power off, and unit unplugged you could try removing and then inserting the card again, to see if that helps.

If there is no change, then give this interactive troubleshooter a try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks ever so much.  Since system is continuing to work just fine I have printed solution and filed it with paperwork that came with system.  

Nice to know that a retired network guy hasn't lost his troubleshooting senses.  But I am finding it a bit harder to find good documentation for newer systems.  So thanks for the extra leg work.

HP Recommended
What was the solution to the problem because I am having the same issue with my pc. Same model same chip. I don’t know what to do to fix it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.