Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Recline
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings:

Is it possible to maintain ethernet/internet  (cable) connection while computer sleeps?  I've unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" under Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and this does not resolve the problem.  The internet connection still disconnects soon after the PC goes to sleep.

Is there some other way?

Thanks,

L

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lmwapner,

Good day. A warm welcome to the community. I will be happy to help. Superb description and troubleshooting. Kudos to you for that.

• DId this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
  • DId it occur after a software or Windows update?

Let's try these steps:

• Run all the latest Windows 10 updates and ensure that they are correctly installed.
  • Then install the latest version of HP support assistant and after launching it, install all the recommended updates.
  • Now check if it gets fixed.
  • If it continues, then update the bios, chipset, graphics and network drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Try another Ethernet cable to be doubly sure.
  • Update the router's firmware also.
  • Then reload bios defaults.

This should do the trick. 

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.