Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-26-2018 03:24 PM
Is it possible to maintain ethernet/internet (cable) connection while computer sleeps? I've unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" under Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and this does not resolve the problem. The internet connection still disconnects soon after the PC goes to sleep.
Is there some other way?
11-27-2018 06:23 PM
Good day. A warm welcome to the community. I will be happy to help. Superb description and troubleshooting. Kudos to you for that.
- DId this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
- DId it occur after a software or Windows update?
Let's try these steps:
- Run all the latest Windows 10 updates and ensure that they are correctly installed.
- Then install the latest version of HP support assistant and after launching it, install all the recommended updates.
- Now check if it gets fixed.
- If it continues, then update the bios, chipset, graphics and network drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Try another Ethernet cable to be doubly sure.
- Update the router's firmware also.
- Then reload bios defaults.
This should do the trick.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community