Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart All in One

Model: 23-d034

So I believe my problem/s started after an update (about 2 months ago).

At first it would say it was connected to my home wifi but no internet.

I would be able to get online but I would be super slow to the point where I couldn't do anything.

I stopped using my desktop and started using my laptop at home instead. I really need my desktop now and now it doesn't even try to connect to my home wifi. It actually doesn't even show up as a wifi I can connect to.

I have tried everything on HP and Windows websites for problems with connecting to wifi and nothing has worked. I even took it to the Microsoft store and whatever they did, didn't fix anything.

My laptop, phone and tablet connect to my home wifi without a problem, so I don't understand why my desktop doesn't.

I even did a reset of the computer, my last option is going back to windows 8, but I really don't want to because I have alot of files on my comp.

PLEASE HELP.

THank You in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Elisabeth123

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP Envy 23 AIO isn't connecting to the Wifi anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check if the wired internet works? 

(I've confirmed that your AIO has the LAN: Gigabit 1000-Base-T as well and the wired internet should work).

Did you perform a hardware test on the wireless card?

(Click here for instructions, If you haven't).

Since I'm not sure what steps you've done so far, I recommend you follow the best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted with more details for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay,

So I ended up getting a usb wifi adapter and my internet is back on.

I spent so many hours I was just done trying to find the problem, but now I have another issue, when I reset my computer, I lost my word and excel applications.

I don't have the access code no more, is there any other way I can restore them?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Elisabeth123

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'm glad the USB adapter works fine, that said, to help you resolve the issue with the Microsoft applications, you could utilize the HP recovery manager as mentioned below:

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Recovery Manager.

If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. If prompted by User Account Control to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.

2. Under Help, click Reinstall drivers and/or applications and wait for Recovery Manager to generate a list.

Figure : Recovery Manager

Recovery Manager opening screen

A combined list of applications and drivers to reinstall appears, with the drivers listed first.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I can't find a Recovery Manager on my computer..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.