Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envoy all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Keyboard and Mouse, both wireless, stopped working at the same time. Computer boots up fine but the the mouse and keyboard do not work

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@BobGP383

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy all in one PC and the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse stopped working. Not to worry, I'll do my best to assist you with this case. 

To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:

• What is the exact PC model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates happen recently on the PC?
  • Are other USB devices working fine when connected to the PC? The USB receiver (dongle) of the wireless keyboard and the mouse is connected to the PC.

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please perform a Microsoft System Restore to rollback the PC to an earlier date when everything worked fine. This will not delete your data. 

Post a successful Microsoft System restore if the issue persists and other USB devices work fine when connected to the PC, then you may perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document.

Incase if none of the USB devices work and this started after a recent update then the following steps can be attempted:

• Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
  • Click on Installed Updates on the left
  • Select windows update (KB4074588) and click uninstall
  • After uninstalling the update reboot the PC

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 

Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello, I had the same issue. This one about the keyboard and mouse was "solved" by a simple reboot. 
But! Why is that happening? Cuz obviously it will always continue happening, also if I make change the pc to the shop where I bought it.

Sometimes connected to that the SCREEN STARTS TO TUN ON AND OFF CONTINIOUSLY. Why that happens?

It is not because of any update cuz I already verified it and there are no any updates there?

Does both these BIG PROBLEMS have a permanent solution or not??

Thanks

Adriano

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.