Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-03-2018 11:11 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service.
I understand that you have an HP Envy all in one PC and the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse stopped working. Not to worry, I'll do my best to assist you with this case.
To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:
- What is the exact PC model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- Did any software changes or updates happen recently on the PC?
- Are other USB devices working fine when connected to the PC? The USB receiver (dongle) of the wireless keyboard and the mouse is connected to the PC.
While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Please perform a Microsoft System Restore to rollback the PC to an earlier date when everything worked fine. This will not delete your data.
Post a successful Microsoft System restore if the issue persists and other USB devices work fine when connected to the PC, then you may perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document.
Incase if none of the USB devices work and this started after a recent update then the following steps can be attempted:
- Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
- Click on Installed Updates on the left
- Select windows update (KB4074588) and click uninstall
- After uninstalling the update reboot the PC
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know how it goes.
Good luck! 🙂
11-05-2018 12:32 PM
Hello, I had the same issue. This one about the keyboard and mouse was "solved" by a simple reboot.
But! Why is that happening? Cuz obviously it will always continue happening, also if I make change the pc to the shop where I bought it.
Sometimes connected to that the SCREEN STARTS TO TUN ON AND OFF CONTINIOUSLY. Why that happens?
It is not because of any update cuz I already verified it and there are no any updates there?
Does both these BIG PROBLEMS have a permanent solution or not??
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community